Katie and Gary said…
“Just wanted to extend our massive thank yous to you guys for your hard work on Saturday. Everyone absolutely loved the food and I was in heaven with it. It was all piping hot and was SO tasty, I honestly never thought we could have food as amazing as that at our wedding.
On Sunday evening I had a moment alone in the barn and ate a bakewell and I can’t even tell you how much I was in heaven!! Oh my god honestly, what an end to the weekend that was.
Your attitudes and general aura were unbelievable, you made us feel so special and every time we met you, you had such a happy vibe that honestly was game changing.
Katie and Gary celebrated their wedding at the idyllic Edale Gathering in the Peak District. Their most important requirement was that everyone would get a good feed and had in mind classic ‘pub grub’ for their main meal. After lots of chat we whittled it down to three starters and three mains for the their guests to choose from – all based on the couples’ personal favourites.
Canapes was a nod to the couples’ heritage with Yorkshire puds (bride) and Bedfordshire clangers (groom) – we had a lot of fun testing the sweet and savoury fillings for the clangers (google it!)
A dessert table of their favourite mini puds complemented the gorgeous cake made by family members – and a ‘pimp my chips’ station ensured everyone had a hearty feed to sustain a long night of dancing!
Yorkshire pudding stuffed with roast beef, horseradish mousse and parsnip crisps
Mini spinach, caramelised garlic and Wensleydale pasties (v)
Classic menu based on ‘gourmet pub grub’
- Homemade beetroot-cured gravlax with Scandanavian pickles, lemon cream and sourdough (brown) toast
- Duck liver parfait with port and cherry jam, rocket and melba toasts
- Slow roast ‘Hendo’s’ cherry tomato, goats cheese, walnut and red onion salad with rocket and strawberry balsamic (v)
- Chicken three ways: ballotine wrapped in parma ham, chicken bonbon and mini chicken and leek pie with carrot puree
- Steak and Guinness pie with Yorkshire cheddar mash, shallots and crispy onions
- Chickpea, butternut and spinach tagine with herby cous cous and pickled pomegranate seeds – topped with toasted pumpkin seeds and herbs (v)
Gin and tonic granita with lemon
Dessert –a help yourself table of mini puds….
Individual eton mess with strawberries, meringue, Chantilly cream and mint
Cherry Bakewell tart
Salted caramel chocolate brownie bites
Evening buffet – ‘Pimp my chips’
Homemade chips served in bento boxes (takeaway style) served with:
Bread buns – ketchup, vinegar, brown sauce and mayo.
Plus a toppings station:
Grated cheddar cheese
Crispy bacon bits
Official photos by the fabulous Hadyn Ridings